Albert Gallatin Craig and Virginia Judith Brooking were married on the 23rd of September 1834, in Clark County by Samuel Wilson. Albert was the son of the Rev. Benjamin Craig, Jr., and Elizabeth Walton Morris. He was born April 1, 1807, in Gallatin County, where he resided until his death. Virginia was born in Clark County about 1817.
Albert was a judge and a farmer. He and Virginia had a large family – eleven children – six daughters and five sons. All are listed in census records from 1850-1880.
- Elizabeth Morris Craig, 1835-1911
- Mary Judith Craig, 1837-1879
- Robert Edward Craig, 1840-1911
- Sarah Watkins Craig, 1843-1882
- Virginia Craig, 1845-1865
- Silas Leonidas Craig, 1847-1924
- Joshua Morris Craig, 1849-1930
- Anderson Craig, 1851-1917
- Albert Gallatin Craig, Jr., 1853-1923
- Laura Brooking Craig, 1855-1940
- Virginius T. Craig, 1858-1942
Albert Gallatin Craig died in 1883 in Gallatin County. Even though he lived his entire life there, he was buried in the Masonic cemetery in Ghent, in Carroll County.
Virginia Judith Craig lived another ten years, passing away at the age of 76 years.
Categories: Family Stories