Know all men by these presents that we, Samuel Woods and James Patterson, are held and firmly bound unto his Excellency the Governor of Kentucky, in the sum of fifty pounds current money, to the payment of which well and truly to be made to the said Governor and his successors. We bind ourselves, our heirs, jointly and severally, firmly by these presents, sealed with our seals and dated this 25th day of March 1795.
The Condition of the above obligation is such that whereas there is a marriage shortly intended between the above bound Samuel Woods and Elizabeth Patterson, for which a license has issued. Now if there be no lawful cause to obstruct the said marriage, then this obligation to be void or else to remain in full force.
Samuel Wood, James Patterson
Witness, John Reed
Washington County, Kentucky
Mercer County Births 1852-1859
- Absolom H. Leonard, born October 20, 1852, son of John and Jane Deshazer Leonard, Dixville.
- Catherine J. Leonard, born April 23, 1856, daughter of Jackson and Elizabeth Patterson Leonard, Mt. Pleasant.
- Mary Jane Leonard, born July 11, 1856, daughter of James H. and Mary Patterson Leonard, Deep Creek.
- Nancy J. Leonard, born October 5, 1853, daughter of John and Lucinda Sally Leonard, Dixville.
- Rachel E. Leonard, born April 23, 1856, daughter of Erasmus and Lucinda Gammons Leonard, Graves Mill.
- Sarah Leonard, born December 1856, daughter of John and Lucinda Sally Leonard, Deep Creek Meeting House.
- Stephen D. Leonard, born June 15, 1857, son of William and Rhoda Lester Leonard, Dixville.
- Turner T. Leonard, born September 7, 1858, son of Jackson and Elizabeth Patterson Leonard, Dixville.
- Frances Lester, born February 19, 1858, daughter of Erasmus and Martha A. Powell Lester, Graves Mill.
- Rachel B. Lester, born June 4, 1858, daughter of Erasmus and Elizabeth May Lester, Dixville.
- ? Lester, born December 1852, daughter of Joseph and Martha Brazelton Lester, Harrodsburg.
- Thomas Levitt, born December 10, 1854, son of John and Ann Kennedy Levitt, Curdsville.
- Almetta Lewis, born September 1857, daughter of William and Nancy Bailey Lewis, Dixville.
- Eliza A. Lewis, born October 7, 1857, daughter of Elijah R. and Martha A. Brown Lewis, Dixville.
- Elizabeth Lewis, born November 15, 1859, daughter of William and Nancy Baily Lewis, Patterson’s Mill.
- Elizabeth Lewis, born August 9, 1853, daughter of Elijah and Martha Brown Lewis, Duncansville.
- John Huston Lewis, born April 2, 1852, son of William and Nancy Bailey Lewis, Dixville.
- Jordan W. Lewis, born September 9, 1853, son of William and Nancy Bailey Lewis, Dixville.
- Mahala J. Lewis, born October 2, 1855, daughter of William and Nancy Bailey Lewis, Graves’ Mill.
- ? Lewis, born March 21, 1856, son of Samuel and Nancy Galligher Lewis, B. R. Mill.