Listed below are deaths in Nicholas County from 1855. Birth and deaths were located in the county unless otherwise stated.
- James Crow, age 3 months, son of William and Nancy Crow, died December 55, 1855, cause unknown.
- Nancy Ann Wilson, age 2 years, daughter of Harry and Hester Wilson, died July 15, 1855, cause unknown.
- Tolney Foster, age 34, farmer, born in Fayette County, son of Henry and Esther Foster, died September 20, 1855, of cholera.
- Esther Foster, age 59, born in Ohio, daughter of John and Sarah Whittington, died September 20, 1855, of cholera.
- John W. Bishop, age 5, son of Silas and Rose Ann Bishop, died November 12, 185, of whooping cough.
- Charlotte E. Bishop, age 1, daughter of Silas and Rose Ann Bishop, died October 4, 1855, of whooping cough.
- Patrick Brady, age 82, born in Stafford County, Virginia, son of Joseph and Elizabeth Brady, died September 30, 1855, of cancer.
- Sarah O. Redman, age 1, daughter of Washington and Rachel Redman, died September 23, 1855, of whooping cough.
- Alexander Dampier, age 22, son of Henry and Martha Dampier, died October 6, 1855, by arson.
- Thomas J. McCormick, age 12, slave of Thomas J. McCormick, died February 15, 1855, of consumption.
- John H. McCormick, age 26, born in Bourbon County, son of Thomas J. and Sarah McCormick, died September 24, 1855, of diarrhea.
- James Fulton, age 1, son of John L. and Elizabeth J. Fulton, died August 21, 1855, of whooping cough.
- Hetty F. Brewer, age 2, daughter of John and Levinia Brewer, died November 20, 1855, of whopping cough.
- Joseph Evans, age 48, son of John and Margaret Evans, died October 13, 1855, of cholera.
- William H. Canon, age 2, son of Thomas and F. Canon, died April 13, 1855, cause unknown.
- Mary Jane Marion, age 31, daughter of Thomas and Rebecca Hord, died April 22, 1855, ?
- Christopher Kimes, age 12, son of Stephen and Mary Kimes, died November 5, 1855, of typhoid fever.
- Columbus W. Congleton, age 5, son of Columbus and Walker Congleton, died August 15, cause unknown.
- Agnes Haus, age 46, daughter of Robert and Elizabeth Johnson, died October 3, 1855, of consumption.
- Harrison Dale, age 35, born in Virginia, son of Solomon and Mary Dale, died August 10, 1855, cause unknown.
- Joseph B. Bramble, age 3, son of John Mason and Mary Jane Bramble, died December 22, 1855, cause unknown.
- Mary Collier, age 65, born in Montgomery County, daughter of Eliza Wells, died August 17, 1855, of congestive fever.
- William Thomas, age 15, son of James and Nancy Thomas, died July 15, 1855, of typhoid fever.
- Elizabeth Wilson, age 10 months, daughter of John and Elizabeth Wilson, died April 8, 1855, of pneumonia.
- Preston Talbott, age 15, slave of Preston Talbott, died February 15, 1855, of typhoid fever.
- Mary Ann Wilson, age 29, daughter of John and Rachel Rogers, died September 16, 1855, of disease of the lungs.
- Wilson Branch, age 22, son of Abner and Ellen Branch, died August 6, 1855, of typhoid fever.
Categories: Old Documents