- 7th of August 1823, join together Edward Graves and Lucinda Schooling.
- 11th September 1823, join together Prior Patterson and Susannah O’Neal.
- September 23rd 1823, Michael Young and Ruth Moreland.
- September 25th 1823, Hugh Jeffries and Fanny Walker.
- October 2nd 1823, Joel Gregory and Nancy Springer.
- October 9th 1823, Thomas Swan and Sarah Robertson.
- October 16th 1823, Allen Elliott and Nancy Lawrence.
- October 23rd 1823, Lloyd Simpson and Rebecca Milbourn.
- October 30th 1823, James Bailey and Matilda Graves.
- November 4th 1823, Samuel Richardson and Susan Creager.
Given under my hand this 18th November 1823, Joel Gorden
I do hereby certify that on the 20th day of March last (1823) I solemnized the rites of marriage between Thomas L. Bennett and Nancy McDonald. Also, on the 27th day of May, I joined Horatio Mudd and Martha Powell, late widow of Charles Powell, deceased.
The Clerk of Washington County
Barnabas McHenry, E.M.E.C.
Martha Powell was the daughter of Captain John Hancock Linton and Ann Mason, and my 4th great-aunt. Martha had one daughter by Captain Powell, Mary Edwards Powell, born in 1814, a few months before the captain’s death November 22, 1814. With Horatio Mudd she had five children – Hezekiah, Charles William, Mary Mildred, Nicholas and Thomas Mudd.
Categories: Marriage Records