Miscellaneous Information From Harrodsburg Newspaper Clippings
Harrodsburg, Mercer County, Kentucky
- James Robb of Nicholasville died August 26, 1882. He married the youngest daughter of Captain T. T. Cogar.
- Sidney S. McFatridge died August 1882
- Mrs. Elizabeth Harper Montgomery, age 80, died August 11, 1882, at the home of her son-in-law, Captain Phil B. Thompson. She was a native of Mississippi and widow of Davis Montgomery.
- John L. Cassell and Jennie Bowman were married September 14, 1882, at Cane Run Christian Church, near Burgin. She is a daughter of D. M. Bowman.
- Mrs. Robert A. Grimes died November 5, 1882.
- Mrs. Annie Irvine, wife of B B. Irvine, died at the residence of H. C. Willis, November 8, 1882.
- L. E. Eastland and Lula Finnell were married at the residence of the bride’s aunt, Mrs. William H. Terhune, January 23, 1883.
- F. E. Cunningham and Miss Sallie Sharp, of Salvisa, were married January 24, 1883.
- Creed Taylor was born January 1, 1800, in Harrodsburg and celebrated his 83rd birthday at his home in New Gascony, Arkansas, on January 1, 1883.
- Miss Georgie Harlan, daughter of Wellington M. and Jenkie Taylor Harlan, died at the home of her parents, February 11, 1883.
- R. L. Munday died January 7, 1883, about 51 years of age.
- Joseph Wigham, age 87 years, 2 months and 18 days, died at his residence in Boyle County, March 19, 1883. His father was born in Edinburgh, Scotland, and came to Virginia where Joseph was born, and three years later moved to Kentucky.
- Rev. A. T. Spilman died April 20, 1883, at the residence of his father, Dr. C. H. Spilman.
- Mrs. Nancy Smith, widow of the later A. Smith, died at the residence of her daughter, Joanna P. McCann, on April 23, 1883.
- Benjamin Smith, age 94, died in Boyle County, April 1, 1883.
- Abram Sharp, born in Mercer County June 14, 1814, died here June 12, 1883.