Samuel Goodwin Vittitow, 1798-1884, son of Samuel and Mary Vittitow, married Elizabeth Miller, 1802-1842, daughter of Samuel Miller, 10 July 1819. Samuel Goodwin and Elizabeth (Miller) Vittitow had the following children:
- William F., b. 1821, who married Sarah Vittitow, daughter of William Vittitow and Elizabeth Protsman.
- Samuel Miller, b. 1824, who married Evelyn Willett, daughter of George W. S. Willett and Nancy Hancock, on 19 October 1854.
- Eliza A., 1825-1855, who married William H. Duncan.
- John T., 1826-1854, who married Eleanor Miller.
- Nancy, b. 1830.
- Mary, b. 1834, who married Thomas Carter on 26 December 1853.
September 1, 1842, Samuel Goodwin Vittitow married Sarah Birkhead, 1810-1876, daughter of Abraham Birkhead and Mary Allen. They had four children:
- Abraham Birkhead, b. 1843, who married Mary Frances Carlisle, 19 November 1867
- Squire Plenne, 1845-1927, who married Mary Frances Norris, daughter of George Washington Norris and Martha Ann Newton, 31 March 1873.
- James Henry Harrison, 1847-1883, who married Nancy G. Carlile, 1873-1906, daughter of John Carlile.
- Elizabeth Ann Maria, 1851-1921, who married John Jacob Ehrbar of Switzerland about 1887.
Nelson County Will Book 19, Page 119
I, Samuel G. Vittitow, of the County of Nelson and State of Kentucky, being of sound mind and disposing memory, do make and publish this my last will and testament.
1st. It is my will and desire that my just debts and funeral expenses be first paid out of my estate.
2nd. I will and bequeath to my beloved wife, Sarah M. Vittitow, all of my personal property of every kind and description after the payment of my debts. I also will her my debts that may be owing to me at my death to be hers forever. I also will her my farm upon which I now live during her natural life and at her death to go to my four children by her, to wit, Abraham B. Vittitow, Squire P. Vittitow, James H. H. Vittitow and Elizabeth Ann W. Vittitow, having heretofore given to my other children all I am able to give them. I will them nothing more.
3rd. I hereby nominate and appoint my beloved wife, Sarah M. Vittitow, executrix to this my last will and testament, August 24, 1870.
Samuel G. Vittitow
Teste. Silvester Johnson, J. B. Beeler
Nelson County Court, April Term, Monday April 14, 1884
A paper writing purporting to be the last will and testament of Samuel G. Vittitow, deceased, was produced in Court and duly proven by the oath of Silvester Johnson, one of the subscribing witnesses thereto, who also proved the fact that said paper was duly signed by testator, and by J. B. Beeler, the other subscribing witness to same in the presence of and at the request of testator and in the presence of each other. Whereupon said writing was ordered to be recorded as the true last will and testament of said Samuel G. Vittitow, deceased.
Att. Wm. H. Rowan, Clerk, By W. J. Dalmazzo, Deputy Clerk
Categories: Old Wills