Be it known, that we James E. McQuady, as principal, and Joseph Jones, as surety, are jointly and severally bound to the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the sum of one hundred dollars. The condition of this bond is as follows: That, whereas, marriage is intended to be solemnized between the above bound James E. McQuady and Miss Fannie Jones. Now, if there is no lawful cause to obstruct said marriage, this bond shall be void, otherwise it shall remain in full force and effect.
Dated at Hardinsburg, Breckinridge County, this 15th day of December 1877.
James McQuady, Joseph Jones
Attest, Horace Allen, Deputy Clerk, Breckinridge County Court
- Date of Marriage – December 16th 1877
- Name of Groom – James E. McQuady
- Residence of Groom – Breckinridge County, Kentucky
- Age of Groom – 23 years
- Number of Marriage of Groom – first
- Occupation – farmer
- Birthplace – Hancock County, Kentucky
- Birthplace of Groom’s Father – Hancock County, Kentucky
- Birthplace of Groom’s Mother – Breckinridge County, Kentucky
- Name of Bride – Fannie Jones
- Residence of Bride – Breckinridge County, Kentucky
- Age of Bride – 22 years
- Number of Marriage of Bride – first
- Birthplace of Bride – Breckinridge County, Kentucky
- Birthplace of Bride’s Father – Meade County, Kentucky
- Birthplace of Bride’s Mother – Breckinridge County, Kentucky
To be married at bride’s residence on the 16th day of December 1877.
I certify that the above is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Witness my hand, this 15th day of December 1877, James McQuady
Attest: Horace Allen, D. C.
This is to certify that on the 16th day of December 1877 the rites of matrimony were legally solemnized by me between James E. McQuady and Miss Fannie Jones at William W. Jones in the County of Breckinridge, in the presence of William Ramsey, Kobe Xearl, and a number of others.
Signed Calvin Voyles, M. G.
Categories: Marriage Records