The following is a list of marriages performed by Thomas L. Chilton for the year 1796 in Madison County.
- Thomas Routon and Annie Brown – January 21, 1796.
- James Bell and Susannah Lewis – March 24, 1796
- James Shackleford and Peggy Simpson – March 31, 1796
- Edward Roberts and Peggy Man – July 15, 1796
- John Carter and Elizabeth Sanders – July 13, 1796
- James King and Elizabeth Green Bruser – July 28, 1796
- Henry Terril and Martha Alexander – August 12, 1796
- William McMullin and Lucy Terril – August 23, 1796
- James Step and Mary Ham – August 25, 1796
- James Jones and Mary Taylor – September 8, 1796
- Jesse Hiatt and Isabel Dearmon – September 29, 1796
- Charles Neman and Delphy Simpson – October 2, 1796
- John Tucker and Peggy Mayfield – October 4, 1796
- Daniel McDaniel and Effy McCoy – October 6, 1796
- Ebenezer Vancleave and Susannah Manier – October 8, 1796
- Thadwick Phelps and Seley Step – December 8, 1796
- William Cleaton and Nancy Roberts – December 4, 1796
- Thomas Teaton and Rebeckah White – December 29, 1796
The rights of marriages celebrated between the person above mentioned by me
Thomas L. Chilton
Some names were difficult to decipher.
Categories: Marriage Records
Thanks for this entry. The name Phelps caught my eye, and I have dug around enough this morning to find that this man is actually Shadrach (or other variant spelling) Phelps, and is my 5th great uncle. His wife is Celia Stapp, which has apparently been phonetically spelled in the marriage document. I’m pleased to know another member of my family!
So glad you found something on my family. I am not related to the Phelps-Stapp family. Many people in my posts are not relatives – just information I’ve found that hoped would be helpful to others. My goal is to share as much information and as many gravestone photos as I can. Hope you find much more!