These marriage returns include not only the date and names of the couple, but the person who married them, where they were married and witnesses. All great bits of information to add to your files!
- October 11, 1866 – Charles S. Pate married Miss Sallie Brown, by R. Y. Gardner, M.G., at Mrs. Brown’s residence, Breckinridge County, witnesses Samuel Walker and Miss Susan Brown.
- No date – Lewis Rollins married Miss Mary Dowell, by James Taylor, M.G., at Luther Dowell’s, Breckinridge County, witnesses George Cashanan and Wright Rollins.
- October 17, 1866 – Thomas J. Ball married Miss Judith A. DeJannett, by James Taylor, M.G., at James DeJannett, witnesses William Withers and George S. Ball.
- October 17, 1866 – Benjamin F. Walker married Miss Mary E. Walker, by William Head, M.G.B.C., at residence of Ralph B. Walker, witnesses Ralph Walker and Major Fane and others.
- October 28, 1866 – S. W. Witten married Miss Millie Board, by William Head, M.G.B.C., at Thomas Adkisson’s, witnesses Thomas Head, Thomas Adkisson and others.
- October 22, 1866 – Edmund W. Matthews married Mrs. Sarah Frances Skaggs, by James Taylor, M.G., at Breckinridge County, witnesses Robert G. Bowman and Elijah R. Easkin.
- No date – James R. Payne married Miss Sarah M. Kennaday, by James Taylor, M.G., at Mrs. Weatherford’s, Breckinridge County, witnesses Willis Payne and A. Weatherford.
- October 23, 1866 – William W. Sikes married Miss Sophia J. Whitworth, by James W. Taylor, M.G., at James Taylor’s, Breckinridge County, witnesses George Kennison and Frazier Horsley.
- October 24, 1866 – Henry Gibson married Miss M. A. Jolly, by James Taylor, M.G., at Nelson Jolly’s, witnesses Harrison Claycomb and M. Jordan.
- No date – Walter Jarboe married Miss Harriet F. Beavin, by John A. Barrett, R.C.P., at Austin Beavin’s, witnesses Henry Bland and Gertrude Beavin.
- November 3, 1866 – Waldo Simons married Miss Cornelia J. Smart, by James Taylor, M.G., at John S. S. Smart’s, witnesses Thomas Burdett and Alfred Roberts.
- November 8, 1866 – Charles R. DeJannett married Miss Mary E. Cock, by William Head, M.G.B.C., at Residence of Samuel Cock, witnesses E. J. Armstrong, Thomas Ball and others.
- November 7, 1866 – Lewis Jennings married Miss Rasena Moorman, by John Briat, Elder, at Rosena Moorman’s residence, witnesses John Burdett and Mark Taylor.
Categories: Marriage Records
Leave a Reply