Mason Marriages from Nelson County, Kentucky
You have all heard my stories of Captain John Hancock Linton, my 4th great-grandfather, moving to Washington County, Kentucky, from Loudoun County, Virginia, in 1818. His wife, Ann Nancy Mason Linton, his children and grandchildren, all made the long journey on horseback and in wagons. My great-grandmother, Frances Barber Linton Montgomery, wrote that when they arrived in Washington County, the younger children were sent to Nelson County, to live with relatives – brothers and sisters of Ann Nancy Mason Linton – until homes could be built. The following marriages are those of these relatives and other family members (relationship to Ann Nancy Mason Linton) – written in my very neat handwriting from 40 years ago!
- Anthony Thomson married Caty Linton Mason (younger sister to Ann Nancy), the consent of George Mason (brother), her next friend, being personally given. Surety, William Mason (brother), September 12, 1803.
- William Wooton married Peggy Mason (Margaret), daughter of George Mason (brother). Surety, Austin Hubbard, June 17, 1805.
- Benjamin Yager married Kitty Mason (Catherine), daughter of George Mason (brother). Surety, George Mason, September 9, 1812.
- Daniel Haddox married Peggy (Margaret) Mason, both being above the age of 21. Surety, George Mason (brother, father of Margaret), March 2, 1799.
- Joseph Watson married Mrs. Margaret Haddox, widow of Daniel Haddox, deceased. Surety, William W. Mason (brother), May 17, 1809.
- James Porter married Elizabeth French, both being above the age of 21 years. Surety, Ben Grayson, January 29, 1809.
- James Porter married Nancy Mason, daughter of George Mason (brother), both being above the age of 21 years. Surety, Joseph Watson, May 31, 1814.
- Daniel Q. McMichael married Nancy S. Mason, daughter of Ben S. Mason (nephew), September 28, 1830.
- Stephen May married Elizabeth Berkeley (niece of Captain John), daughter of Mrs. Elizabeth Berkeley. Surety, Jonathan Davis. consent filed with bond. Witnesses Jonathan Davis, Jonathan Berkeley, December 27, 1815.
- John McKay married Sally Edwards, daughter of William Edwards. surety, William Minor. consent filed with bond. Witnesses John Stone, William Minor, Hayden Edwards. February 24, 1806.
- Robert S. Davis married Lucinda Mason, daughter of John Mason (brother). Surety, Stanley Young. Consent filed with bond. Witnesses Stanley Young and George Mason, December 22, 1810.
- Nathaniel Batsell married Priscilla Mason, ward of William W. Mason (brother), daughter of John Mason (brother), deceased. Surety, William W. Mason. November 19, 1816.