The Commonwealth of Kentucky
Be it known, that we, J. W. Reno as principal, and J. M. Halen, as surety, are jointly and severally bound to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, in the sum of one hundred dollars.
The Condition of this Bond is as follows:
That, whereas Marriage is intended to be solemnized between the above bound J. W. Reno and Lizzie Taylor. Now, if there is no lawful cause to obstruct said marriage, this bond shall be void, otherwise it shall remain in full force and effect.
Dated at Lebanon, Marion County, this 12th day of September 1863.
J. W. Reno and J. M. Halen
Attest: J. M. Hidler, Clerk, Marion County Court
- Date of marriage – Tuesday, 15th day of September 1863
- Name of groom – James W. Reno
- Residence of groom – Haysville, Kentucky
- Age of groom – 24 years
- No. of marriage of groom – first
- Occupation – physician
- Birth-place of groom – Hardin County, Kentucky
- Birth-place of groom’s father – Bourbon County, Kentucky
- Birth-place of groom’s mother – Virginia
- Name of bride – Lizzie Taylor
- Residence of bride – Marion County, Kentucky
- Age of bride – 22 years
- No. of marriage of bride – first
- Birth-place of bride – Marion County, Kentucky
- Birth-place of bride’s father – Boyle County, Kentucky
- Birth-place of bride’s mother – Boyle County, Kentucky
- Remarks – Bride’s consent given in writing attested by oath of J. M. Hourigan
To be married at Bannister Taylor’s on 15th day of September 1863.
I certify that the above is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. Witness my hand, this 12 day of September 1863
J. W. Reno
Attest: J. M. Hidler
Wednesday, June 5, 1918