John B. Williamson, city court clerk, is a native of Louisville, and was born on the 7th of August, 1840. He is a son of H. and Susan (Prescott) Williamson, natives of Franklin County, New York. The former was among the old citizens of Louisville, having come hither in 1835, when the city was a rather small place as compared to its present dimensions. He was connected with the quartermaster’s depot at Nashville, Tennessee, during the late war, to the time of his death, which occurred in 1863. The subject was educated in the schools of Louisville, and in 1856-57, issued the second city directory. He served in the quartermaster’s depot all through the war. In 1876 he was elected clerk of the city court, and has been re-elected to the position ever since. He was married in February, 1861, to Miss Caroline McCorkhill, of Louisville. They have had two children, both of whom are dead. Mr. Williamson is a popular citizen, a most accommodating official and an honorable gentleman.